Friday, July 27, 2012

Comfort Zone

A few weeks ago, I read a quote by Neale Donald Walsch that says, “Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.” This is so true. It’s important to reach beyond what feels obtainable. In all reality, you are capable of much more than you think. You just have to do it.

I signed up for a half marathon back in March. This was totally out of my comfort zone. The furthest I had run, prior to this training, was about 4 miles. Running a half marathon has been on my bucket list for quite some time and I figured I am not getting any younger, so I decided to do it. It was hard. There were plenty of, “What have I gotten myself into?” moments. It took a lot of commitment and perseverance. But I did it. It felt amazing and now I feel as if I can conquer the world.

Here’s to living outside your comfort zone! Hope your weekend is fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment