Monday, June 21, 2010

Handwriting

Ever since I can remember, I have loved to write. It's quite an obsession actually. My poor mother was unable to keep anything nice in her house when I was a child or it would end up with my name written all over it in multiple colors and hand writings. I made hundreds of lists, many of them the same list over and over just so I could write something on paper.

In order to feed my need to write, I've enrolled in a Copperplate Calligraphy class. I'm so excited! I've been wanting to take a calligraphy class for years and am finally finding the time to do it. I'll definitely share some samples of what I learn during the class come July. In the meantime, check out one of my favorites in the calligraphy world.

All of the following work was done by Betsey Dunlap.  I adore her work. She has such a fresh take on handwriting and I hope to one day be able to produce some equally wonderful and unique pieces!


 

If you would like to see more of Betsey Dunlap's beautiful calligraphy, check out her blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment